In May 2018, the top 10 cryptocurrencies looked like this:
1) Bitcoin (BTC)
2) Ethereum (ETH)
3) Ripple (XRP)
4) Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
5) Litecoin (LTC)
6) EOS (EOS)
7) Cardano (ADA)
8) Stellar (XLM)
9) IOTA (IOTA)
10) NEO (NEO)
Also Read: The hacking of Vee Finance resulted in the loss of $35 million
So, let’s get started with Top 10 cryptocurrencies
To begin, let’s talk about our beloved digital gold. The first place was rightfully held by Cryptogold, and it will remain there for quite a while.
- Bitcoin from first to first place of top 10 cryptocurrencies. Today’s bitcoin cost is $ 42k, but it cost $8600 on May 15, 2018. The growth rate was 388 percent.
- Ethereum from Second to Second place. The ethereum price has increased from $ 720 to $ 2900. The growth rate was 302%.
- Ripple from first to first place. Previously costing $ 0.73, now costing $ 0.92. An increase of 26 percent.
- Bitcoin cash from first to first place. The cost has decreased from $ 1460 to $508. A 65% drop.
- Litecoin was in 5th place, down to 18th place. The price went from $ 146 to $ 148. The growth rate was 1.36 percent.
- A year ago, EOS was ranked 6th; it has now dropped to 43rd. Previously, it cost $ 14.5, now it costs $ 4. Falling by 72%.
- Cardano (ADA) was in 7th place, now it is up to 3rd. The cost of the product has gone up from $ 0.28 to $ 2.2. The growth is 685%..
- Stellar (XLM) was in 8th place, down to 24th. It used to cost $0.37, now it costs $0.28. That’s a 24% decrease.
- IOTA was in 9th place, now it is 52nd. Price dropped from $ 1.98 to $ 1.26. Dropped 36%.
- Neo was in 10th place, now in 56th place. The price dropped from $ 67 to $ 39. The fall was 42%.
Hence,it is important to invest wisely because these numbers indicate that even top 10 projects loose so much value.