Can the blockchain and cryptocurrency innovations that caused such a stir last year continue in 2022? The answer is probably yes, as the saying goes history repeats itself. After years of being confined mostly to the domains of techies, the year 2021 may be described as one in which crypto themes started going ubiquitous ahead of 2022.
NFTs, meme coins, and the metaverse grabbed the headlines, while the veteran Bitcoin (BTC) defied the odds by becoming a fund and fiat currency for the very first time. We will be amazed to see which crypto themes will explode in 2022.
List of Crypto Themes that will Play Out in 2022
Let’s take a closer look at a few of the year’s most significant events and speculate on what might happen ahead. Crypto investing not only require deep research but also the right moment.
- Metaverse: Over the last few years, Metaverse has grown in popularity, and its coins appear to be ruling the crypto market. Mark Zuckerberg is already reaping the benefits of the market. In the latter half of 2021, much of the hype centred on Metaverse, as Facebook changed its name to ‘Meta’.
The term “metaverse” refers to a transformation in how people access information. To distinguish between the digital and physical worlds, it employs augmented reality, mixed reality, and virtual reality. Metaverse coins and tokens, on the other hand, are virtual currencies that may be used to conduct transactions in Metaverse.
A lot of Metaverse tokens are getting a lot of attention. Here are a few cryptocurrencies of Meta world to bet on -Decentraland (Mana), Axie Infinity (AXS), Theta Network (THETA), The Sandbox (SAND), Solana (Sol).
- Non-fungible Token (NFTs):2021 is the year of Non-fungible tokens (NFTs), a sort of digital asset, have exploded in popularity, with NFT artworks fetching millions of dollars. An NFT is a digital asset that resides on a blockchain, which is a distributed ledger of transactions. The blockchain acts as a public record, allowing anybody to check the legitimacy of the NFT and determine who possesses it.
NFTs can be used to buy and sell a variety of digital goods, including photographs, movies, music, text, and tweets. Fans of sports can collect and trade NFTs linked to a specific player or team, while digital art has seen some of the most high-profile purchases.
“Just setting up my twttr,” said Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey in his first tweet, which sold for $2.9 million.
Will NFTs crypto themes will play out in 2022?Only time will tell.
- Gaming: Players can accumulate and trade virtual assets using cryptocurrencies, which they can exchange and trade from anywhere in the world. As a result, it provides a safe and simple way for the online gaming business to make money. Esports and gaming are two of the most popular sectors today.
With players spending an average of $85 per month on the free online slots game, the game’s designers earn $300 million every month, cryptocurrency luminaries are actively seeking a way to convince them to do it using their technology.
Enjin, Tron, Loom Network, Funfair are the few gaming cryptocurrencies to bet on.
- Ethereum is useful in the real world. Its blockchain may be used to create smart contracts, which can be employed in a variety of applications.That’s why investor remains bullish on this token.
- Crypto Investing mainly depends on the use case of the coin & the low gas fee. Multiple currencies such as Solana, Cardano, and Polkadot have been dubbed “Ethereum Killers”.Smart contacts are themes for 2022 that many traders believe.
- The G7 bloc expressed interest in giving a boost to Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), which are effectively digital money backed by a central bank. Few countries are expected to begin using CBDCs to minimize paperwork, distribute welfare payments, and distribute government worker salaries.
- The ProShares Bitcoin Strategy, the first US Bitcoin ETF, began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in October. Despite the fact that it is based on Bitcoin forward contracts, it represents a watershed moment for the crypto industry since it officially recognizes Bitcoin as a mature financial asset under the current legal environment. It also brought Bitcoin to the attention of regular investors, who now have a choice of more than a dozen crypto funds.
- In 2021, El Salvador, declared Bitcoin to be legal money. Many other countries, according to market experts, will either follow suit or launch their own digital currencies.
- Decentralized Finance (Defi) projects have a working product and revenue, as well as a catalyst. It seems to be a promising project so far in 2022.
- Layer 2 scaling solutions for Ethereum are regarded as critical tools for tackling network performance issues. Many scalability options for Ethereum are being researched, tested, and implemented, with various methodologies for achieving scalability. On Ethereum, you might witness greater activity on L2 chains than on other L1 chains like Avax and Solana.
As crucial as the year 2021 was for the crypto industry, The year 2022 will be a crypto year. Despite China’s prohibition on crypto exchanges and concerns about their carbon footprint, most of them climbed 35-40% by the year’s end. Various crypto themes will be expected to play out in 2022, which we are optimistic about.
Join our Telegram Channel to get the best notification regarding Pricing Prediction, Trading Analysis, News, Blogs, and interviews.